Heifer International in Mexico is an international non-profit organization founded in 1944, headquartered in Little Rock Arkansas USA and with a global presence in more than 21 countries. Heifer International works with an effective method to end hunger and poverty through sustainable agricultural practices. Heifer International works with rural communities to alleviate hunger and poverty by caring for the land. Improving the incomes of dignified families and caring communities, sharing equitably the resources of a healthy planet.
Essential personality traits
The successful aplicant must exhibit the following personality traits essencial to the successful performance of jobs duties:
- Sensitivity and respect for the cultural, social and economic diversity of the communities.
- Help to others and generosity.
- Organized and self-disciplined.
- Self-managing and autonomous.
- Proactive communication.
- Effective leadership skills.
- Collaborative, determined.
- Tolerance to frustration and to work under pressure.
- Ethical and values-based.
- Focused on working towards objectives.
- Have 3 years of experience as Administrative, Program or Operations Coordinator for management levels and communication coordination.
- Professional degree in the following areas of knowledge: Administration, International Business, Agronomy and Accounting.
- Professional English language proficiency (able to establish conversations, write texts and translate documents). EXCLUDING.
- Have an accreditation or certification in the English language.
- Able to travel overseas
- Experience in the private sector, agribusiness, export, import, supply chain.
- Preferably worked in non-governmental organizations.
- Ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams.
Most critical competencies:
- High ability to retain and apply instructions from your supervisor, prioritizing for follow up on important program area issues.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills including strong attention to detail.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in office software, word processing, worksheets, database and email software (preferably Microsoft).
- Ability to foster and maintain a spirit of unity, teamwork and cooperation.
- Proficient in professional English language (able to establish conversations, write texts and translate documents). EXCEPTIONAL.
Essential job functions and physical demands:
- At least 5 years of experience as a coordinator in coffee value chain development or similar projects involving business development and market access.
- 5 years of proven experience in the management/coordination of rural development projects.
- Knowledge and experience in ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning System) management.
- Knowledge and experience in overseeing audit improvement plans.
- Skills in reporting, financial analysis.
- Ability to synthesize information and present reports.
- Knowledge of working in rural communities and understanding of the social, economic and cultural reality of Mexico (desirable).
- Ability to drive a motor vehicle and have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- High capacity for building and developing alliances with key partners and stakeholders at different levels in the coffee value chain.
- 30% traveling to rural Mexico and Honduras.
- 70% working in Heifer International regional office.
- Time availability according to institutional needs.
- Asalariado (con las prestaciones de ley)
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Benefit package according to law and above, such as:
- 30-day Christmas bonus
- vacation 15 days per year
- Life insurance
- Health insurance
- 4 days paid leave
- Emotional benefits such as special discounts, work sheadule (9 to 6 p.m.).
- career development.
- Continual Training
- Excellent work environment
If you are intersting in apply for this position, send us your English resume firstname.lastname@example.org and visit our official page heifer-mexico.